Thursday, October 18, 2012

Never Have I Ever

I never imagined that I would ever be so happy to have finagled our way into our pediatrician-of-choice's office.  We returned to her webpage a few weeks after making the final decision that she was the one we wanted to go with to schedule our meet and greet, only to find a disturbing bulletin that stated that she was no longer accepting new patients.  Moments of panic.  She was the one who seemed to be the closest philosophically with me and my wife when it came to our views of medical care, she had rave reviews of her bedside manner...no.  This just couldn't be.  So I mailed off a calm but pleading email and after a few very cordial exchanges, she agreed to take us.  I think she could smell the desperation of 2 first time parents through the screen.

I never could even comprehend that I would be so excited that our unborn child got into their first choice of pediatricians.  Welcome to my strange, new existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment