Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Post Zero

Welcome to a brand-spanking new blog.  I know you have many choices when it comes to personal outpourings on the internet, so thanks for stopping in.

In 16 weeks I'll be a father - something I've never been before.  You can read books on the subject but you can't really practice for a position like this one.  I think its going to be quite an exciting ride.

One of the reasons I decided to start documenting our pregnancy and parenting experiences is while both our lives are going to change forever with the birth of our first child, I'm going to be the one who stays at home with our infant after my wife returns to work once her maternity leave finishes.  Even though we're in a large city, there doesn't seem to be a network of stay-at-home dad's out there - so hey, we exist!

For the past decade my life has been dogs.  I studied pre-veterinary medicine, worked in clinics, run my own canine behavior business, walk dogs and have been the lead writer for a dog-centric website since '07.  I spend my days outside, moving from one canine client to another.

Life is about to get very interesting.  Stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment